The LAS Sports Program has been designed to increase student participation, learning, and skill acquisition through two optional core programs: Tennis, or Mountain Leadership Development. The goal is to promote a healthy and positive attitude, while building physical and mental fortitude through physical activity. The students are encouraged to challenge themselves in order to build self-confidence and a strong work ethic; transferable skills they will benefit from for the rest of their lives.
The LAS Summer Tennis Program offers a quality tennis camp for all ages and abilities. Players will flourish through challenging training on the court while at the same time having fun. The program will also increase their personal and social skills while interacting with coaches and fellow tennis players.
- Tennis strokes focus on correct technique
- Footwork and exercises to increase mobility
- Fitness training, including stamina and recovery training
- Rally, consistency and court ’management’
- Match preparation and strategy
- The importance of nutrition
- Video Analysis
The LAS Mountain Leadership Development Program (MLDP) promotes environmental responsibility and awareness while developing resilience, confidence, leadership, and communication skills through a variety of vigorous outdoor activities. Students can earn points towards their Duke of Edinburgh award.
- Low-impact Hiking
- Safety Training
- The Mountain Environment
- Emergency Response Management
- Rock Climbing
- Via Ferrata (a mountain route equipped with fixed ladders, cables, and bridges in order to be accessible to climbers and walkers)
- Hikes and Wilderness Camping
- Ropes Courses
- Team Building