- discover how technological developments affect the way we live and what implications it might have for the future
- discuss space travel and nuclear research with world-class specialists
- test your imagination and creativity when developing a prototype of a product you design
- learn innovative approaches to studying, developing individual and group projects, and personal development
- Didier Manzoni: Deputy CEO at APCO Technologies SA, a company that focuses on space technologies
- Richard Johnson: Director of Sport and Youth for HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein and author of award-winning international communications campaigns
About Compassion Week:
Compassion Week is a time for students to learn what it means to be empathetic, harmonious citizens of the world. We are in a position that allows us to show care and compassion to those who aren’t as fortunate as ourselves. Compassion Week will allow students to gain hands-on community service experience and appreciate the importance of compassion
During summer 2019, students will be able to learn from Tiara Sahar Ataii. Tiara is founder and president of SolidariTee, an entirely student-led charity which raises awareness about the refugee crisis and offers grants to organizations and individuals working in the sector. She founded the charity in January 2017 while studying at Cambridge University after working as an interpreter for refugees in France, Germany, and Greece. Since then, the charity has spread to 35 participating universities across 5 countries. Tiara is also a recipient of the Vice Chancellor's Social Impact Award.
United Nations and World Health Organization in Geneva
Volunteering with guests from the refugee center
- appreciate the multi-scalar nature of being a responsible citizen
- learn how to act on issues that are close to your heart
- become more self-aware and build confidence through a variety of challenging activities and stimulating coaching sessions
- critically engage with the 21st century global challenges and evaluate solutions
- Jamie Andrew: Amputee Mountaineer and Motivational Speaker
- Nicolas Vaudroz: International artist based in Leysin
- The Olympic Museum and Modern Art Museum in Lausanne, and the Matterhorn in Zermatt
Projects: Art workshops (“creative activism”)
Want to take your summer experience to new heights? Soar high in the sky and take in a view of the Alps unlike any other in this adventurous activity!
LAS edge is designed to challenge, excite, and keep students on their toes- for this reason, no two days within the program are the same. Below you can find some sample schedules showing what a given day could look like.