At Leysin American School, our community’s health and safety is our top priority. Marc-Frédéric Ott, Head of School, and Christoph Ott, Head of Operations, together with our Leadership Team, and the LAS Board have been monitoring the overall global climate and best practices through recommendations from the CDC, WHO, and Swiss authorities in regard to the current COVID-19 crisis.
During this difficult and uncertain time we, as a school, have been working to support our students and families who have been impacted by unforeseeable disruptions. Our best wishes go out to all those affected by this disease.
For more information on our COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund and how you can make a difference in our LAS community, click the button below:
LAS COVID-19 Timeline
Students and families: please check your emails and this page for the most up-to-date information
LAS moving forward:
- LAS Summer in Switzerland 2020 will not be held. Launch of LAS @home on May 1.
- LAS is able to pack and store all student belongings until April 2021. Please see the LAS Packing, Shipping & Storing FAQs below.
- The LAS 2020 school year is online until the end of 2019-2020 Academic Year.
- We plan to reopen the school as scheduled next year but will continue to monitor the situation and adjust if need be.
- The 2020 Reunion Weekend has been postponed.
Check for the latest COVID-19 information, public advice, and travel alerts through the following links:
- Switzerland officially ‘the world’s safest country’ for coronavirus
- WHO COVID-19 Pandemic Information Guide
- Swiss Federal Council Press Briefing
Please do your part. Follow the medical advice of the above links and your local & national medical providers. #Stayhome #Safehands #Flattenthecurve