Directions to LAS
For telephone calls to LAS made from within Switzerland, local area of Leysin/Aigle included, call 024 493 4888.
If calling from abroad, the telephone number is +41 24 493 4888.
Arriving by car
If using a GPS, the final destination will be Chemin de la Source in Leysin.
Take the main highway from Geneva in the direction of Lausanne, then Simplon/Gd.St. Bernard. Take exit 17 at Aigle and follow the signs leading to the mountain road to Leysin. Once in Leysin, continue towards the upper part of the village and the Feydey Railroad Station. Then, turn to the left, pass the Catholic Church and arrive at the Belle Époque Campus with the LAS Visitors Center.
Take the Gd.St. Bernard pass and travel through the canton of Valais toward Aigle. Continue on through Aigle, following signs toward Leysin (approximately 20-25 minutes). Once in Leysin, continue towards the upper part of the village and the Feydey Railroad Station. Then, turn to the left, pass the Catholic Church and arrive at the Belle Époque Campus with the LAS Visitors Center.
From Lower Sporting to Belle Époque Visitor's Center
- Approaching Leysin, the first large landmark is the Lower Sporting Center on the left with the large, inverted V-shaped roof.
- After about 500 meters, bear right and then left, passing Hotel Restaurant Tour D'ai on your left. Continue up the hill and after a few meters bear right, passing the Saloon Western Bar on your left.
- When you see the yellow awning of Lorraine Cafe and the BCV Bank, bear right and take the sharp left turn after the parking lot. Continue uphill past the Pharmacy and Hefti's Sports Shop on your right.
- Continue driving under the small cog bridge and continue on that road until you see the "Leysin American School" building and LAS sign, both on your left. Take the sharp right turn up the hill and stay to the left of the Regina Building.
- Continue for about 500 meters past the LAS "Esplanade" building on your left. You will come to a fork in the road. Take a left toward the train station, keeping the train tracks on your left.
- When you reach the SHMS (Swiss Hotel Management School), take a sharp left. You will see a church steeple on your right. Continue straight until you see the Belle Époque Visitor's Center sign. Turn right and continue to the second entrance. Visitor parking is available across from the small roundabout in front of the building.
100 KM from Geneva Airport
240 KM from Zurich Airport
240 KM from Basel Airport
50 KM from Sion Airport
Arriving by plane/train
The two main connecting airports are Zurich and Geneva. Upon arrival at either airport, take the train to Leysin; both airports have train stations within their complexes. The trip from Zurich airport will take 3.5 to 4 hours; from Geneva to Leysin, approximately 2 hours.
- After passing through customs, follow the main sign to the railway station. Purchase a one-way ticket to Leysin-Grand Hotel. The clerks speak French, English and German.
- If coming from Zurich, it may be necessary to change in Bern. It is necessary to change in Lausanne; then take the train in the direction of Sion/Brig, getting off in Aigle.
- If coming from Geneva Airport on an Interrigio train, it is generally not necessary to change trains in Lausanne. If it is an Intercity, you must change in Lausanne. Board the train in the direction of Sion/Brig and get off in Aigle.
- At the Aigle train station, go to track 15/16 and take the small brown and beige train marked "A-L" (Aigle/Leysin), which will bring you to Leysin.
- In Leysin there are four stops. Get off at the very last stop, Le Grand Hotel. Walk left when you get off the train toward the back of the Belle Époque building, crossing the small bridge and down three flights of stairs. The Admissions Office is the last door on the left down the green corridor.
Please confirm your approximate arrival time at the Grand Hotel with one of our admissions associates so we can welcome you in Leysin.